Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Sewing

I made my niece 2 matching pillowcases today.  She loves anything with peace symbols and also loveslime green and purple together so the color choices were a no brainer.  I used this awesome tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I have made many of this and they are fun and easy.  I did French seams so I didn't have raw edges anywhere!

I also made a large receiving blanket for my son's teacher that just had a baby this week.  It is mint green on the back even though it looks white.  I will make a few bibs to add to the gift and send it on it's way this week.  Finishing these items means I also finished my to do list for today!
I took 2 pieces of flannel, put them right sides together and sewed around the perimeter.  I left a gap of about 4-5 inches for turning it right side out.  I turned it right side out, ironed it, and sewed around the perimeter again sewing the gap closed.  It doesn't get any easier that that!

This is a very large blanket.  It was 1 yard by the width of the fabric.



2 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love the fabric. I'd love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with patterns and templates to share are invited to link up! Check it out
    http://getyourcraptogether.blogspot.com/search/label/Pattern%20Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really nice. I still need to tackle the french seam myself. Thanks for sharing at A New Creation. Hope you get another Saturday of sewing this week!

    ReplyDelete